02 October 2008

encyclopedia of me - b



  • boys - i never knew i wanted boys. i always assumed i would want my kids to be girls. when i played with dolls, they were girls. when i thought of names, they were girl names. i even made a baby quilt when i was 10 or 11 and it was, you guessed it, pink. and then i heard the words "it's a boy!" and my life was forever changed. my boys are wild, rambunctious and rowdy, but they are super sweet, kind, thoughtful, loving, and funny. not a day goes by where they don't say something that makes me laugh out loud. i am so thankful for my boys.
  • brothers - part of the reason i'm glad i have two boys is because of my husband's brothers. they're all funny, smart, and handsome and i love that i married into this family of six brothers. i like the different dynamic this presents when we all get together and i like that my boys can be best friends with each other because that's what brothers are for each other.

  • blogging - i don't really need to elaborate--you know how i feel. i like thinking up things to post about (mostly), i like to hear what you have to say about what i wrote, i like that it's an easy way to journal my life and chronicle things about me and my family that i wouldn't otherwise write down, and i like the relationships i've developed through blogging. i may devote too much time to it, and that would be one down side for sure. but mostly, i really love it.

  • BYU - also doesn't need further explanation (especially since i included it with my c's), but i'm proud that i went to BYU and even more proud that i graduated. i was a junior when i got married and when i graduated, my dad said that he was proud of me, and that he didn't think i would actually do it. i didn't take offense--i didn't think i would either, especially since dave graduated a year before me. i'm so glad i did. i loved the classes i took, from the basics of music 101 to international politics 470. i especially loved the religion classes i took, particularly the two semesters of new testament. i had amazing professors and learned more during those 5 years than i'll probably ever learn in my life. i hope some day i have lots of money to donate to this school. it was a major blessing to attend, not just for the education, but because of the people i met as well. my friends, my husband, the time i spent with my brother james and living with my sister ellen are all priceless to me, and i owe that to BYU.

(you can read more from the encyclopedia of me here.)

14 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I love the encyclopedia of Emily. It's fun for me to learn more about you. I still love that I have a little connection to you "pre-blogging" but I love your blogs! :-)

I love hearing about your boys, but honestly can't wait to see pics of your little girl. I loved the post about her room (I know, I know- lazy commenter that I am!) and I think it's wonderful that you get to have so much help from your dad. Cherish that!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Oops, I forgot to mention your finishing school. I am glad you appreciate your education and that is a priceless gift you will pass on to your children. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

I, too, enjoy your encylopedia posts. :-) Fun stuff!!!

Carrie said...

Nice post, Emily! I LOVE getting to know you better. Love this blogging stuff :D

Anonymous said...

Great post! Raising 5 daughters and hoping they all will want to pursue a college education and be much smarter than I am, I think you have every right to take note of that accomplishment!

April said...

that's awesome! i love it. you forgot to mention how lucky your boys, your brothers, your blogging friends, and BYU are so lucky to have YOU! and as one of your blogging friends, i am so super lucky and thankful for your blog, and the time that you spend on it!

Jillo said...

Wait, you forgot beautiful, brilliant, becoming, bashful, bodacious, bejeweled, and blessed. =)

Holly or James said...

AMEN to the whole "boys" entry. It's the same way for me 100%.

Summer said...

I love these. I always want to steal your blog ideas because there is nothing interesting for me to blog about excepthow much i hate high school.... hahaha.

Emily said...

do it summer, i stole it too. i steal everything. except random thought thursday. that was all mine. :)

Boquinha said...

Fun post. I like this series. :)

J Fo said...

Good stuff! I think I would love to have a boy, but Greg's convinced we'll only have girls. We'll see I guess. I am SO glad that I stuck it out and finished my education, too. (Although not at BYU, I think it was pretty valuable!)

Emily said...

no jess. unless it was byu, your education sucked.

heh heh heh. you know i'm kidding, right?

J Fo said...

HAHA! You are now shunned. ;)