09 March 2010

encyclopedia of me - f



  • family - i've talked about my extended family before, but this "f" is specifically referring to our small foley family. i was only 21 when i got married but as time goes by, i know more and more that i made the right choice. i know that my family can be together forever and i love our happy little home.

  • fast food - heaven help me, i love it. i know it's awful for me, but i just cannot resist it. i love burgers and fries, shakes, nuggets, and spicy chicken sandwiches. i cannot turn it down and it is a struggle not to go out to lunch every single day.

  • faith - i'm a mormon, or a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. my faith is part of what defines me. my life is better because i know the truths taught by my church, and try to live by them to the best of my ability. my life is worth something because i know it has meaning and a purpose. my faith in Jesus Christ is what makes me happy every day to be alive. you can read more about what i believe by clicking on the links down on my sidebar or by going here.

  • fall - such a beautiful time of year. i love the clothes, i love the colors, and the cooler (but still warm) temperatures after a hot summer.

  • finding neverland - my favorite movie ever. i wrote about it once before (here) but it's worth mentioning again. it's beautifully written, superbly acted all around, and makes me cry like a baby every time i see it. my favorite quote comes when peter tells james that porthos is just a dog (not a bear, like james was pretending he was). he responds by saying,

    Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible, candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man" or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.
(you can read more of my encyclopedia here)

9 comments:

Unused Account said...

Dude.
I have never seen Finding Neverland.
Can we still be friends?

Adding to Netflix cue now!

Boquinha said...

You should visit the east in the fall then. It's gorgeous.

That is a great movie. I love Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet both.

J Fo said...

The Foley family is better for having you in it! I LOVE that movie, too! I've seen it a bunch of times and cry EVERY time as well. What a beautifully done movie!

Rachel P said...

I am right there with ya on the fast food thing. Unfortunately, I LOVE it and would eat it everyday. I still eat it way too often, as I'm sure you can tell when you look at me. ;-) I have Finding Neverland, but have never seen it. It will be one of the next ones I watch! Thanks!

April said...

i so enjoy hearing about your little and growing family! ...is baby girl here yet?!

fast food. a few years ago, i ate it just about everyday. now it is an occasional treat on the weekends, but i did have it twice this past weekend. everything in moderation right?!

i love hearing about your faith. and hearing how you make it you.

love fall.

i went to go see "finding neverland" when it first came out in the theater. i remember liking it. i might have to check it out again.

Victoria said...

Love Finding Neverland! Love my family! I like the fall, but Spring and Summer are my favorite. Fast Food is a sometimes thing. I like french fries a lot, though.

ellen said...

all my favorites too- nice!

lynette said...

hi, fast food junkie here. let's be friends.

also, i rented 'finding neverland' from itunes based on your recommendation. cried my eyes out. loved it!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (Did I spell that right? It looks weird)

Anyway, just wanted to say oh happy day! You are having a girl!

Believe me, the clothing choices will not disappoint!

much love,

A