(from top left, clockwise)
- itunes - i got my first ipod for christmas a few years ago. until then, i never understood the draw of itunes. but whoever thought of it was a wizard...a genius (name that movie). selling entire albums or just individual songs along with movies and videos, it has made it very easy to add just the songs i like to my playlists. i could spend hours (and lots and lots of money) on itunes.
- ice - particularly sonic ice. you may not know this, but you can actually go to sonic and purchase bags of the tiny little ice that makes my life complete. it is perfect to munch on. my boys love it when they get an owie in their mouth or on their fingers (putting their fingers in a bowl of ice and then in their mouths makes it feel better) and i love it all day, every day. it's yummy, fat-free, and only $1.27 a bag.
- intelligence and national security - this seems lame, i know. but for a very long time i was convinced i was going to be a spy in the fbi or cia. part of the reason i majored in political science in college was all of the intelligence classes i got to take (FOUR!). the information was fascinating, useful (if you wanted to be a spy), and oftentimes very funny. my favorite professor was on the senate intelligence committee and had some awesome cold war stories. i wasn't the best student, but i loved those classes and they were the few that i actually had A's in.
- italy - it's no secret that the first stop on my international travel itinerary is italy. i've never traveled outside the united states, and sometimes i kick myself for not studying abroad in college, but what's done is done and what i focus on now is the future: and my trip to italy is going to be a dream come true, whether in the next few years or not until i'm 70. whatever. but i'm going. and it's gonna rock.
- isaac - dave loved the name isaac but i wasn't so sure during my pregnancy. then he was born, and it was the only name that seemed to fit. isaac is my boy. i don't know what else to say about him except that he is mine. i love him to pieces. we've had our share of problems, but i agonize over the thought of him going to school, growing up, going on a mission, and college, and then, horror of all horrors, marrying some chick. i can tell you this: nobody will be good enough. i adore my isaac. there are 73 posts with his label so i'll just list a few of my favorites about isaac here: about isaac, that kid, overheard, interview, cinderfella.
- it's a wonderful life - i had never seen this movie until christmas 2000. dave and i were dating and were at our respective homes for the holiday. one night when we were talking on the phone, it was on tv. neither of us had seen it before, so we watched it together...on the phone. it has since become one of my favorite movies. the middle gets a little long, but i love the message of this story and how his friends rally around him in his time of desperate need. i love that his life didn't quite work out how he wanted but that his life was still wonderful. i love this movie.
(you can read more of my encyclopedia here)
12 comments:
my sister chews ice like crazy. like annoyingly crazy. she goes to sonic every day to get a diet cherry coke and a cup of ice. she gets it by the bag fulls too.
Best in Show. We use that quote all the time.
Sonic ice is THE BEST! I had no clue you could buy it by the bag.
In HS I had plans to join the FBI. That lasted all the way until I met my future husband and I decided that I wanted to be a wife and mother more than I wanted to fight crime. :-)
awesome!
love itones!
love that special moment you and Dave had watching "it's a wonderful life". ...it's a movie that i have yet to watch. i'll have to check it out sometime.
Well I guess if you know me you know I Love sonic drinks including the ice. I have to say I really enjoy your encyclopedia posts.
I'm planning a future trip to London. Maybe we could go together and see BOTH places?! I'm not surer if I've seen Wonderful life all the way through, but I liked the end a lot!
seriously you watched it together on the phone? who knew you were one of those couples :)
We're one of those couples, Ellen, just like you're a mountain biker/hiker/camper type. I had to do what was necessary to reel her in.
hi-larious, dave.
oh, and clearly, i'm going to be an AWESOME mother-in-law, eh? yikes. i better chill myself out.
NICE, Doug. I didn't know if anybody would know that. We use it all the time too.
Sweet post - even better comments!
Post a Comment