12 December 2013

Thursday: a day in the life

...and part of Wednesday.

Wednesday: Out the door at 6:30 am, in Albuquerque, OT, run errands for a friend and myself, home by 3, homework, dinner, then to scouts. We rounded up the boys and went to the fire station, did a short tour, then Dave called because his car had died. It's been doing this lately and it's not the battery. It's idling (or he's driving) and it just...turns off. Awesome. So I took my scouts and went home, Isaac and I got out and Dave drove the others back to the church.

Thursday:

7:30 am - outside to see if Dave's car needs a jump but it starts up no problem. He takes the boys to school.

8:00 am - I tell Zoe we have a very busy day, it's very cold outside, and she HAS to wear the new clothes she picked out the day before. No fighting. There is lots of fighting and an entire hour of sobbing but she wears the new clothes. I make a request on Facebook that if anybody sees her to please NOT mention the fact that she is wearing pants as it will set her off again. Nobody does.

9:00 am - Zoe and I go to Walmart. It's the second-to-last day of layaway and I have to pick up our item. Wait in that line for 40 minutes. Then I have to exchange the layaway item (they somehow put a special edition on layaway for me that was $50 more than what I wanted), another 15 minute wait, then I have to buy some groceries, another 40 minute line.

11:00 am - home to put away groceries, then run back out the door for a craft at Eva's house. Only it's fingerpainting and Zoe doesn't do that, so we just stayed for a minute. But Eva is right by the school and I have to pick up Noah for a 12:00 dentist appointment, so we go kill 15 minutes at the school then grab Noah.

She was so good today, just being my buddy as I dragged her everywhere. But she was really bored for part of it!
12:00 pm - at the dentist

12:30 pm - Done, Noah's had lunch but is still starving, so I pick him up an Itsaburger and take him back to school. Hang out for a bit since I have to be there for Isaac's 4th grade Christmas concert.

1:15 pm - Isaac's performance. I start to cry and I have no idea why. I think it's because this is what I pictured motherhood being like: watching my kid singing Christmas songs and looking all awkward. I loved it.

2:00 pm - concert's over, Isaac wants to get checked out (the entire 4th grade gets checked out) so we walk around the book fair for a minute then I call my friend to see if she can move up our 3:00 haircuts.

2:30 pm - at Tania's house for haircut. Zoe falls asleep in the 2 minutes it takes to drive to her house. Isaac gets his cut.

3:00 pm - I take Tania's husband to work, pick up Noah from school, then back to Tania's. Zoe wakes up, she gets a cut after Noah (she is to die for cute but Dave is sad her long hair is gone, but I say out with the baby wispy hair, in with the real little girl bob hair).

4:00 pm - I realize the checkbook is not in my purse so I run to an ATM to get cash and pay for the haircuts. Back to Tania's.

4:30 pm - home. Pick up a bit, think about dinner, decide on brinner and put the bacon in the oven.

5:00 pm - call from Dave, we have the Elders for dinner tonight. AHHHHHHH! But I'm making BRINNER! I haven't been to church for 2 weeks so I just forgot. Oy. Also I haven't been home since Tuesday really and the house is a DIS.AS.TER.

6:00 pm - missionaries come over for dinner, I'm totally embarrassed to serve french toast, they give a message and go. Hey all you non-mormon friends, do you want to be taught by the missionaries? Because I have a challenge to spread the gospel and they're checking up on me next week and I HAVE NO TIME TO SHARE THE GOSPEL. Being a Mormon is awesome, I promise.

7:00 pm - Missionaries leave, we have a present on our doorstep, "On the First Day of Christmas...a new Christmas book!" It's "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and I'm ridiculously excited, I've been wanting that book for ages. Then dishes, homework, baths, reading, I call my mom for a few minutes.

8:00 pm - Noah in bed

8:30 pm - Zoe in bed

9:00 pm - Isaac in bed

Also, I dropped a turkey on my toe at Walmart and a bottle of Martinelli's on the SAME toe at home. And now I can barely walk. What a day! Oh I forgot to mention that I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch today. I obviously didn't do that...and I really hope she wasn't waiting for me anywhere. Sorry if you were, Claudia! (does Claudia read my blog? no idea)

And now I have GOT to go take these skinny jeans off before I have a total meltdown. I made the wrong choice in those today, it should've been a maxi dress for sure.

8 comments:

Peg said...

Whew! I am tired for you - hope you get some rest!

Claudia said...

Yes I read your blog! And that's ok about lunch :) I've been so sick I would have felt guilty getting a very busy mom sick! Although I'd love an I.o.u.!

Emilie said...

I can't wait to see the Zoe bob!

Anonymous said...

"I dropped a turkey on my toe."--????

Sorry but that line cracks me up.

Emily said...

It hurt, man! Bad!

April said...

so what i got out of this blog- itsaburger...and now i really want a lotaburger!

and crying at Isaac's performance. knowing that now i'm going to be a mom, i've found myself asking "what do i picture motherhood to be like?"...i think i have a blog in the works!

Boquinha said...

Ha, April! I don't know what an itsaburger is, but that caught my eye, too. Sounds yummy. I love burgers.

Sorry about your toe.

12 days! So cool! Do you know who's doing it?

Emily said...

Itsaburger is a smaller version of the Lotaburger from Blake's Lotaburger, a New Mexico fast food joint with the best burgers and fries (and breakfast burritos)

Nope we don't know who's doing it but it's so fun.