14 June 2012
random thought thursday
dave is awesome
at slam dunks.
******
i went to get my laundry
and when i came back our front door was open.
noah said zoe had run outside,
and she was nowhere to be seen.
i found her over by the mailboxes (far from our house)
saying "mom, mom, mom."
i am seriously not cut out to be that girl's mother.
******
i'm thirsty but
nothing is satisfying my thirst.
******
what are you cooking
for dinner?
******
noah has been taking
private swimming lessons all week.
it is so nice to sit in the shade in a backyard
with my friend ashley
and let zoe play with lydia
while noah learns to swim with andrew.
he's doing great, too!
******
do you know how
to clean a gas oven?
can you spray oven cleaner
or will it blow up?
******
nicholas sparks
needs to change his m.o.
his books are pretty good
but i don't understand why they always
have to have the worst possible ending.
some people actually do get married and live happily after that.
every person that falls madly in love
does not have to meet with an untimely death.
******
dave has been driving a woman to work off and on
for the past few months.
the problem is it's adding an extra 30 minutes to his commute,
which is already long,
and his car has 160,000 miles on it
and overheats when you drive it in town.
it's a nice service he provides but we really can't afford to continue,
money-wise, car-wise, and time-wise.
it's killing me.
i guess i'm not very compassionate,
but seriously,
can't she just get her own car?
******
what are your rules
regarding technology
for your kids?
******
i could use some rain.
******
Posted by
Emily
at
5:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Red Lobster for dinner! It was yummy
If the oven is self cleaning than you can't use Oven cleaner. Google it and they have 7000 pages for you learn from
I refuse to read Sparks books anymore. I cry too much
Our technology rules are no more than two hours of screen time a day. Any screen. So tv, computer games, movies etc all count under that umbrella.
I like Emilie's technology rules. I may try that this summer. My kids each get 30 minutes of computer (or Wii) time but if they want more than that, they have to do something to earn it. An extra chore or two or quiet reading time or something that makes me feel less guilty for giving them more technology time. :) I need to figure something else out regarding the TV. On a side note though, my kids watched "Savannah Smiles" today.
Yay for Noah! My kids want to take swimming lessons too.
I had a berry almond salad from Wendy's for dinner. It was yummy.
Oh, and if you or Emilie sees this comment, please know that I am DYING to read the latest Emmy loves Cha-Chi and I cannot get to her blog. HELP!
I made Chipotle Chicken Salad. (Pinterest has changed my cooking life, I swear it. I think before Pinterest I had about 3 recipes.)
During the school year my kids get 30 minutes of TV time, and they can have 30 minutes of computer time, although I extend that when they want to do something productive like practice typing or use Word to write stories. Our Wii got broken and we are NOT fixing it. So says the mean mom.
During the summer we are more lax with TV. It's more based on how crazy they are driving me.
First of all, as soon as I read what Zoe did, I thought, "We've got a runner!" and then I laughed. I'm sorry, I can only laugh because in my house we yell, "We've got a climber!" We are living the same life--trying to keep our children alive. It frankly is annoying. Good thing they are so cute to make up for it.
Hate Nicholas Sparks. Can't understand why anyone liked the movie The Notebook. That was his right? Ugh.
Tell Dave he is being too nice and get rid of the driving lady. You need time with your husband, especially with three little kids. It is not selfish of you to want to see him more, especially if he is already commuting.
Lastly, let me send you some of our rain. We have been on flood warning for probably the last two weeks, minus a few days. Crazy Charleston weather.
I love The Notebook! Seriously.
IT'S RAINING RIGHT NOW. I can't even believe it. I totally made it happen.
Somehow Dave's gotta get rid of the carpool. I'm definitely not that compassionate.
I agree, sitting in a nice backyard (that has trees!) with lots of conversation has made the past week so much more enjoyable than usual!
I actually made dinner last Sunday, so we celebrated by eating it for leftovers for the following 4 days. And then celebrated again when the bowl was finally empty.
Yikes about Zoe. Mitch and Cam use a leash. Maybe try that? :P
That commute thing is rough -- is she not chipping in for gas? That's what people often do when they carpool. But the time thing IS a big issue. Family time is valuable and commute time already adds to a long work day (and you're not getting paid for it!). It's super sweet of him to help her out, but if it's at the detriment of his own family time, maybe there's a new solution?
We use "media" from 4-7 on weekdays (more lax on weekends). Thing is, we also have dinner in that time and the kids help set the table, prep, cook, clean up, etc. and we often have evening activities, so it works out to less than 2 hours of screen time per day. I'm not super worried about it, because they have a really good balance with other things (playing outside, reading, writing, friends, games, etc.). And they're not big TV watchers other than the stuff we watch together as a family. I like having a SET time because then you're not getting asked "Can I use the computer now?" ALL DAY LONG.
(And some days, sometimes days at a time, there's no computer time simply because we're doing other things).
Forgot to say -- yesterday at the park, we parents were talking and one of my girlfriends said that she told her 13-year-old son (who is obsessed with Minecraft) that he needs to do something active/physical for every hour he plays computer. She says that he now plays for MAYBE 2 hours and then does something (like biking) for 2 hours as "payment." She said he'd normally play for 5-6 hours without batting an eye, but he knows himself and there's no way he's going to be able to do 5-6 hours of something physical as "payment," so he limits himself. Brilliant!
Post a Comment