and i'm...oh geez...thirty years old.
thirty.
i can hardly even say it.
maybe if i throw the word "thirty" around
every now and then
it won't sound quite so bad.
******
i just realized last night
that i can sleep on my back again.
oh the heavens opened up
and i wept with joy.
why it took me 2 weeks to remember
i'll never know.
thirty.
******
isaac can read.
thirty.
this fills me with pride.
all five-year-olds
should probably be reading
at this point in their lives,
but when he reads,
it makes me feel magical.
******
i need:
a trip to target.
a cold cherry coke with yummy ice.
a manicure.
warm weather.
a hair cut.
thirty.
new jeans.
less laundry.
******
march madness begins on my birthday?
really?
that's just wrong.
have you filled out your thirty brackets?
******
i'm having ice cream cake.
because i'm thirty,
and i can if i want to.
******
thirty.
******
i tried to make a birthday list this year.
i couldn't come up with one thing that i wanted.
nothing specific, i mean.
except for a wii game,
which i mostly want for my kids
but don't want to wait for isaac's birthday to buy.
is that a sign that i'm thirty growing up?
******





24 comments:
if you think 30 is bad just wait! the higher the number the more it pains you to say it!
Happy birthday - hope you have a super day!
Happy Birthday 30 year old! We will share part of our 30th together. Because remember, I AM older than you!!! :)
Enjoy your day. 30 has not been that bad at all!!! Funny thing...we both had our baby girls a couple/few days before our 30th. Awesome!!
happy birthday, emily! i loved turning 30 - the perfect mix of responsibility and youth. i felt like i could look at my life and feel achievement and optimism. hope you feel the same today!
Happy Birthday! I'm still the other side of 30, and not sure yet how I feel about it. We (you included!) are entirely too young to be 30!!!
Happy Birthday!! 30 is great!! I forget that I'm 30 most of the time until someone asks me and then I feel old!
When I was thirty, I didn't even a child yet, much less one that could read!
Go Isaac!
And Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!! I too have liked being 30 and am almost 33. My 20s were good but my 30s have brought a whole new level of selfawareness and confidence. Enjoy.
oh thirty! happy birthday!
i'm still not used to putting 30 as my age when i do the elliptical or the treadmill, i just don't like it.
little kids reading is awesome!
i have a trip planned to target this weekend, i have a coupon! :)
if i lived in UT, i would totally take you out to get a manicure!
no brackets for me.
yummmm ice cream cake!
lets stick with twentynine.
whoa, the "baby" of the family is 30?!! yikes! whoa.
Happy Birthday TO YOU!
-gym
happy birthday! you're so funny. i don't know how it feels to turn 30, i still have a few years, but john just turned 30 two weeks ago. he says it's not so bad, after you realized all that you've done in 30 years, he says he feels quite accomplished. i like what natalie said... it's the perfect mix of youth and responsibility. :) have a lovely birth-day!
Well, Happy Birthday to YOU! I think people who have March birthdays are pretty freaking cool.
Thank you for those cookbook links! I know it's really lame and petty, but one of my first thoughts when we were talking to the allergist was how sad it would be for her to not get cake on her birthday. But, my heart skipped a beat when I saw that second cookbook you linked to. They look delicious! I'm excited to start trying some allergy free recipes!
Em, you're so funny! 30 is just a number, silly girl! We're still young. Shoot, in a lot of ways, I still feel like a teenager. I'm glad I'm not, though. Ugh, I would never go back. Happy birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day!
happy birthday - love you
happy birthday - hope you have a wonderful one!
Happy Birthday Emily!!! I have found approaching 30 to be very difficult. I feel like I've blinked and my youth has slipped away....AAGGGHHHH!! I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your beautiful family!
Happy Birthday!! Have a great day! My husband is usually gone on my birthday for the sweet 16 so at least yours is a little earlier in the month!
I asked for an outdoor toy for my kids for my birthday one year. Luke couldn't figure out why I would do that, but it is a BIG gift to have your kids happy and entertained. Happy Birthday!!! You deserve to have a really great birthday!
Happy Birthday
Isn't today the best day to have a birthday? No one seems to forget it cause its the day after St. Paddy's day. Or at least that is the way it works most of the time.
Love you . (Aunt Marion)
Happy Birthday Emily! I hope you had a wonderful day! Just think of all you've accomplished in thirty years :)
T H I R T Y!!!
welcome to the old fogies club! happy birthday emily!
The only bad thing about thirty is that from now on your health starts going down hill. More gray hairs, and more ailments to deal with. YUCK!
But other than that, it's great. (: I remember feeling the same way. YIKES! 30. But you get used to it.
Happy birthday! I liked your post.
Everything washes down a little better with cake. happy birthday!
Happy Birthday. Thirty.
Post a Comment