skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- ocean - i love the ocean. not swimming in it, but sitting by it, and watching it, and being in a boat on it. i wish i was a better swimmer so i wasn't petrified of actually being in it, because i would love to learn how to surf. there is something so calming about the ocean. my dream house would be one that opened right up to the beach so i could watch it and hear it all day long.
- organization - my first trip to the container store was several years ago, in portland, oregon. i was visiting for my brother's law school graduation, and i walked in to this store that has since become my own personal mecca. it is my life's goal to get a container store built in utah so i could go all the time. i love being organized. (notice i did not say that i am very organized, but i do strive for organization in my home.) it makes me feel calm in my crazy world. (image from Elfa via The Container Store)
- orange - not so much the fruit as the color. i know it's trendy right now, and maybe that's why i like it. i don't know. i just know that orange makes me happy. it's not the best color for me to wear, so i find different ways to have orange around me - like orange pillows, orange plates, orange ribbon...you get the idea.
- opera - the only opera i've seen in person is cosi fan tutte, by mozart. it was a student performance at byu and it was translated into english, so i'm not even sure it counts. but it was hilarious, and the performance was outstanding (there are some seriously good singers at byu). i've been hooked ever since. i love la traviata, and la boheme. it astounds me that people can sing opera. it's so hard, and so beautiful. i would love to someday see a real opera, at a real opera house.
(you can read more of my encyclopedia here.)
12 comments:
i love the ocean, and i love swimming in it!
being organized is good, but hard to do. well it's kinda easy to do, but hard to maintain.
i'm all about the orange, as in the fruit.
i've never been to the opera. i think i would like it. ...we should go! :)
Just so you know...we have a couple of container stores in Denver and one of the stores is pretty close to where we live.
I feel that way about the ocean also. I don't want to get wet but LOVE being around it.
ooh, Denver's looking better and better! I actually bought things and brought them back on the plane, even though I had only carried a small suitcase. So much great stuff there.
what do you mean it astounds you that people can sing opera? You can sing opera! heh heh- i'm dying
true ellen, true. i am dy-no-mite when it comes to opera. so i must astound myself.
i love all your Os!
I've never lived anywhere that I am close to the ocean, but for some reason I've been craving it lately! It's so calming.
I think that you and I were WAY ahead of the orange trend!
I've been to a few operas and love them too. (Except for the sopranos can get on my nerves at times.)
Love the ocean so much that I cannot stand to live more than a couple of hours from it. I grew up 5 minutes from it and we can get there by mid-morning from here.
Living in Utah and Arizona was torture as far as that's concerned -- I felt SO. VERY. Landlocked. And I was going crazy. Couldn't ever do it again. Must be near the coast . . .
I feel the same way about the ocean. I suck even at the doggy paddle. When we were in Hawaii I did get in the waves and got flipped a few times...it was so scarey, but whew I survived. Guess what I saw Cosi Fan Tutti with you...loved it too. Still think of it every now and then. :)
I have never heard of the container store. i never knew such a thing existed! I would be in HEAVEN!
you really would be jess. it's the best store ever.
jolene! i didn't remember that it was you i saw that with. i thought it was my sister ellen, and in fact started to write it and then went "no, i don't know WHO i saw it with" so i left that part out. thanks for the reminder!
yep definitely wasn't me
Post a Comment